Technical Content Manager
Location: London, UK
Ably is the world’s fastest Data Stream Network (DSN) spread over 14 data centers and 175+ points of presence. Each day we stream billions of realtime messages to millions of end-users for thousands of developers around the world. Some of the things our platform powers: HubSpot’s chat and collaboration products, live score updates for millions of Australian Open tennis fans, live transit updates for three million Chicagoans. Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure that will power and shape the future of the internet.
To see what life’s like at Ably, check out our careers page at www.ably.io/careers.
In this role
At Ably, we believe content is king and is how we reach our developer customers. You will make content developers truly value. You will make their lives easier, help them understand emerging technologies, and enable them to create great new products under extreme time-to-market pressures.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone to experiment, innovate, and deliver a content marketing strategy in a business that is growing and establishing a brand in the global developer community.
Day to day, you will:
- Participate in forming and executing the content strategy at Ably
- Independently determine content topics and manage article creation and publicization from start to finish
- Research, write, edit, and facilitate content across Ably’s blog and website - whether writing content yourself or writing a mean brief for freelancers and agencies
- Collaborate with designers, videographers, animators, and social media managers to create & repurpose content across channels
- Monitor customer conversations on our support channels and social media, as well as public feedback on our competitors' products and use it as a base to come up with new content marketing ideas that improve customer engagement.
Must have skills and experience:
- Experience producing content for a developer audience across topics like APIs, back-end frameworks, front-end frameworks etc.
- You should have an interest in and quite a deep understanding of technology in general and engineering concepts such as how APIs work, cloud computing, high-level understanding of how modern apps function
- Know and understand developers, developer ecosystems, and how they buy, consume and develop products
- Not afraid of using code, be able to read code
- Freelance coordination: must have had experience managing a team of freelancers and outsourcing content to third party agencies
- Managing a content calendar
- Ability to move quickly, validate the content you’ve created (or had created), and iterate to find the perfect performance-based solution
- You take initiative, keep organized, and can handle multiple projects at once
Nice to have:
- Academic qualifications
- Experience working in a technical / software / developer facing company.
- Social Media presence / influence.
- Published blog articles on popular sites.
- Experience as a Content Marketing Manager.
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team from the likes of Econsultancy and ThoughtWorks. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team. To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment. We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. We’re building a company with a diverse set of people who value:
Ownership and impact of work. You have real autonomy and ownership over your work with a visible impact inside Ably, and externally on products powered by Ably that you use in your daily life.
An environment to thrive. Modern, comfy office in the heart of Old Street. Excellent transport links, lots of great food, bars and restaurants nearby, and multiple work spaces to match your working style.
Truly flexible working and not just lip service. We like people to be in the office most of the time, but work should also fit around life and individual ways of working so you’re free to mold hours and environment to your needs.
Work is varied and challenging as we’re solving hard, complex problems that push the limits of what’s possible with today’s software and infrastructure.
- Salary: competitive and negotiable, depending on skills and experience
- Health insurance
- Well being membership
- Regular company away days and social events
- Weekly team breakfast or lunch
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Ongoing professional development (training, events, conferences)
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions towards your pension
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
Ably has a culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. Apply to talk to us to see if this role on an impactful and collaborative team is right for you.