Strategic Partnerships & Alliances Manager
Team: Commercial / Sales & Marketing
Location: London, UK
Ably is the world’s fastest Data Stream Network (DSN) spread over 14 data centers and 175+ points of presence. Each day we stream billions of realtime messages to millions of end-users for thousands of developers around the world. Some of the things our platform powers: HubSpot’s chat and collaboration products, live score updates for millions of Australian Open tennis fans, live transit updates for three million Chicagoans. Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure that will power and shape the future of the internet.
To see what life’s like at Ably, check out our careers page at www.ably.io/careers.
What we do
Ably’s engineering team is deeply technical, collectively bringing a wealth of experience and broad technology skills across infrastructure, security, distributed systems, and much more. The calibre of the code we produce is what excites and motivates us each day. If you enjoy solving hard distributed system problems that are mostly platform agnostic and theoretical in nature, then you'll love working at Ably. You’ll work in a team that is small enough to be truly agile, delivering APIs that power some of the biggest tech, businesses and consumer brands in the world.
In this role
Ably is growing and we’re looking to hire a Strategic Partnerships & Alliances Manager to help build out our momentum in the commercial and enterprise accounts space by recruiting and managing alliances with large technology players, such as AWS.
This position requires a deep understanding of and appreciation for the way enterprise customers buy infrastructure and work in tandem with technology partners.
The role will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and will be focused on driving revenue through a set of technology partners.
- Recruit and account manage technology partners. You will ultimately drive revenue through these channels by working closely with partners in delivering Ably services to their end customers.
- Expand channel partnerships to ensure that consultants are able to build a profitable services business around Ably. You might for example help our partners organize customer events, position Ably with their sales team / channels, organize and manage pipeline reviews, and help coach deals through the sales process (often coordinating between the partner and Ably team).
- Collaborate with other Ably technical resources to enable partners, and work with customers who need development and consulting support to find the right match among our consulting partners, make introductions and ensure that the project runs smoothly.
- Cultivate and grow technology partnerships with vendors such as AWS. You will ultimately unearth new business development opportunities and revenue generating deals with these partners. For instance, you might create and execute a business plan whereby Ably and the partner target a specific number of accounts that will adopt our solutions together.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have had prior experience as an Alliance or Partner Manager with quota responsibility. Direct sales experience preferred.
- 5+ yrs experience in sales, marketing, technical enablement, platform / partner and/or channel sales development/management. 2+ years spent selling directly or through the channel deal sizes of ARR $100k+.
- Good understanding of the consulting and system integrator landscape - experience in cloud computing, SaaS, e-commerce preferred.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team from the likes of Econsultancy and ThoughtWorks. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team. To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment. We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. We’re building a company with a diverse set of people who value:
Ownership and impact of work. You have real autonomy and ownership over your work with a visible impact inside Ably, and externally on products powered by Ably that you use in your daily life.
An environment to thrive. Modern, comfy office in the heart of Camden. Excellent transport links, Camden Food Market with over 100 food stalls and restaurants, and multiple work spaces to match your working style.
Truly flexible working and not just lip service. Come into the office, work at home, or rock up at your local coffee shop at the hours you focus best.
Work is varied and challenging as we’re solving hard, complex problems that push the limits of what’s possible with today’s software and infrastructure.
- Health insurance
- Gym membership
- Regular company away days and social events
- Weekly team breakfast or lunch
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Ongoing professional development (training, events, conferences)
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions towards your pension
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
Ably has a culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. Apply to talk to us to see if this role on an impactful and collaborative team is right for you.