Customer Success Executive
Location: London, UK
Ably is a tech company that provides developer tools and infrastructure for the realtime internet. Chatting on WhatsApp, hailing an Uber, asking Alexa what the weather will be like tomorrow - all of these things rely on complex software and infrastructure. This is what Ably provides.
Here’s just a few things our platform powers: HubSpot’s chat and collaboration products, live score updates for millions of Australian Open tennis fans, and live transit updates for millions of Chicagoans.
In the near future, Autonomous Vehicles, IoT devices (e.g. connected fridges or environment sensors), and AI-powered experiences will be the norm. But new infrastructure is required to power it all.
Working at Ably means helping to build that infrastructure and shape the future.
To see what life’s like at Ably, check out our careers page at www.ably.io/careers.
In this role
We’re looking for a natural relationship builder with strong analytical and organisational skills to oversee the execution of first line support across different subscription plans. You will act as the first port of call for inbound prospect and customer support requests across channels including Intercom and Freshdesk. As well as managing incoming requests from clients you will also manage contract renewals for our Business and Enterprise accounts.
Day to day, you will:
- You will act as the internal point of contact for Ably prospect and customer requests including: new sales enquiries, technical questions, contract questions, and other account-related questions.
- While helping to monitor support requests, you will be responsible for ensuring the success of Ably’s Enterprise customers and managing their onboarding and post-sale experience.
- You will be responsible for delivering results on OKRs/KPIs.
- You will maintain a deep understanding of the Ably services so that you can lead value-adding prospect and customer conversations, understand their needs, and communicate these needs back to internal teams.
- You will advocate for customers internally and balance the needs of the customer with the business needs of Ably.
- Make users love Ably by providing first-class customer support and service.
- Work closely with colleagues from multiple functions (e.g. Developer Relations team, Sales, Engineering).
- Manage the contract renewal process for Business and Enterprise customers
Skills and experience
- Have a thorough knowledge of (or eagerness to learn about) the company’s products and their capabilities.
- Have technical aptitude and the ability to understand realtime concepts.
- Be able project manage many tasks and competing priorities
- Build long-term relationships (primarily via remote conversations) with your customer contacts and deeply understand their use-case and objectives
- Onboard new clients, following a handover from the Account Executives in the Sales team
- Work closely with Dev Relations, Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams - motivating them to deliver exceptional customer support and service
- Coordinate Quarterly Business Reviews with customers and manage monthly account adjustments as required
- Have the ability to communicate with key stakeholders at all levels of an Enterprise organisation, from developers to senior engineers to C-level
- Have a strong attention to detail
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Founded by two engineers who spotted a hard and largely unsolved problem, Ably is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide the infrastructure required for a high-bandwidth, always-connected world we hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills who are ready and capable of taking on challenging realtime engineering problems.
As a company and engineering team we’re committed to a future internet that’s open and Ably’s engineers contribute to existing open source projects. See https://go.ably.io/open
We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. We’re building a company with a diverse set of people who value:
- Ownership and impact of work. You have real autonomy and ownership over your work with a visible impact inside Ably, and externally on products powered by Ably that you use in your daily life.
- An environment to thrive. Modern, comfy office in the heart of Shoreditch, London's thriving tech hub, with multiple break out spaces to match your working style. Excellent lunch options, plenty of pubs, and great events. Five minutes from Old St tube station, Liverpool Street Station, and Shoreditch High Street Overground station.
- Truly flexible working and not just lip service. Come into the office, work at home, or rock up at your local coffee shop at the hours you focus best.
- Work is varied and challenging as we’re solving hard, complex problems that push the limits of what’s possible with today’s software and infrastructure.
What's in it for you?
- A good, competitive salary
- Flexibility with working from home
- Health insurance
- ClassPass membership
- Cycle to work
- Regular company away days and social events
- Weekly team breakfast or lunch
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Ongoing professional development (training, events, conferences), including an assigned budget
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions towards your pension
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
Ably has a culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. Apply to talk to us to see if this role on an impactful and collaborative team is right for you.